If you haven’t visited #EdSpark yet, today is the day to attend! We have so many events plannned and our 30 #EdSpark Creators have even more planned to make your visit to our venue unforgettable for families and friends!
So far we have hosted:
– fantastic storytimes presented by the Jacksonville Public Library. The storytellers had kids jumping out of their seats answering questions participating in spelling activities and shouting the words to each story!
-Awesome fieldtrips, from schools in the surrounding Jacksonville area. These trips consisted of students in kindergarden and even kids from high school. All the Creators had something different to engage the different age groups and get them excited about education. You could see the student’s faces light up when they answer a question correctly, and you can feel the passion all the kids had when explaining what education means the them. It was truely an amazing fieldtrip experience for everyone.
– Fun free arts and crafts with Girl Scouts. We have had the pleasure of working with the Girl Scouts to provide fun and free arts and crafts to all kids and have learned a lot from the creativity that flows out of the children’s imaginations. After coloring and drawing the kids get to walk through #EdSpark and meet the Creators.
We have hosted many free activities, throughout the week, that light up children’s imaginations and passions about education and we are just getting started!
Today we are hosting the following special events at the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts and on the River Walk in front of the venue:
– Good On The Go StoryTime @ 10:30am on the River Walk
– Family Health Day @10:00am- 2:00pm on the River Walk and in #EdSpark located inside the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts
– Pine Forest Dance Ensemble Performance @11:00am on the River Walk
– Dance instruction with LaVilla and Douglas Anderson School of the Arts @11:00am on the River Walk
– Cathedral Arts Project Performance @ 12:15pm on the River Walk
-Mandarin Mustang Pep Band Marching Performance @ 1:00pm in front of the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts
-Jacksonville Symphony Instrument Zoo @ 11:00am-3:00pm on the River Walk
– Berry Good Farms Snacks @ 10:00am- 2:00pm
Come to the #EdSpark venue at the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts to enjoy all of these free family events that will have your kid’s imagination running free and have you excited about the family experience and education! Our Creators also have surprise events planned throughout the day so you can have an #EdSpark experience that is unforgettable!
Follow us on Twitter (@SchultzCenter), Facebook (Schultz Center for Teaching and Leadership) and Instagram (The Schultz Center) to stay up-to-date on the latest events and to see all the excitment you’re going to be enjoying when you come to #EdSpark!